We have Swabber positions available for Phlebotomists, Medical Assistants, PCTs, and EMTs in Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island!
Experience Required: Phlebotomist, Medical Assistant, Patient Care Tech or Emergency Med Tech
Locations: Cedarhurst, Woodhaven, Fort Hamilton, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Jamaica, and more.
• Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the swabbing
• Collects swabs for professional clientele
• Collects and stores specimens according to established procedures
• Verifies patient identification verifies all tests ordered and completes all required demographic data and requisitions
• Contacts client to retrieve any missing data
• Records (performs) daily temperatures, decontamination, and performs all other necessary documentation requirements
• Maintains a clean & safe work environment
• Maintains supply inventory and accurately replenishes supplies upon completion of daily operations
• Wears appropriate PPE, approved scrubs, and appropriate footwear during specimen collection/processing
• Understands compliance protocols and (PHI/HIPAA)
• Complies with OSH and DEP regulations regarding barrier protection, sharps disposal, hazardous waste disposal (retaining manifests), and proper specimen transport
• Notifies their Site Manager of any incidents or issues immediately
• Understands patient adverse reactions protocols
• Follows proper incident procedures in the event of an accident, specimen breakage, specimen spill, and patient injury
• Other duties as assigned
Visit our Facebook Jobs Post to expedite your inquiry of interest in this fantastic opportunity.